[OpenSIPS-Users] ICE and Mediaproxy break when using append_branch and serial_branches/next_

duane.larson at gmail.com duane.larson at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 17:17:52 CEST 2011

I set the Q value of the 90127X2XX9 device so that it gets called first and
the outbound number gets called second. When I do this I am able to get
two-way audio when ringing the 90127X2XX9 client and also when the client
picks up. So it appears to work as normal when I do that.

I am calling engage_media_proxy every time since "if (method==INVITE
&& !has_totag())" always is true.

In this scenario the 90127X2XX9 gets called first and ICE makes it so that
both my clients talk directly to each other since they are on the same
subnet. Then when the outbound number is called all media goes through my
MediaRelay.

And to be sure I disabled ICE on one of the clients and called again. This
time Mediaproxy was used when both of the clients talked to each other. And
I called a second time and let the first call to the client fail and when
the outbound number was called I had two-way audio I am guessing because it
is to a Public SIP gateway.

So there does seem to be an issue with serial forking. I think it only
fails if the *first* endpoint doesn't answer and the second endpoint is a
Private IP address client.