[OpenSIPS-Users] passing auth credentials using opensips B2B modules

Jayesh Nambiar jayesh.voip at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 11:46:18 CEST 2011

Hi All,
I have a following situtation:
Sip-Endpoint --> Opensips B2B (with REFER scenario) --> Opensips Proxy(Using
Proxy Authorize for Authentication) --> PSTN Gateway

I need the "B2B Opensips" in between so that it can handle the REFER
requests properly. The problem is that the "Proxy Opensips" responds back as
407 with Proxy-Authenticate header along with the realm and nonce value; but
the "B2B Opensips" would only send the 407 response to the Endpoint without
any Proxy-Authenticate header. Thus the call fails. I cannot authorize the
Sip-Endpoint on the "B2B Opensips" because of the limitations of my
architecture.
What I need is, the 407 response gets back to the Sip-Endpoint transparently
and the response to the same also reaches the "Proxy Opensips" properly, so
that the proxy authorization becomes successful and the call can go through
properly.
Is there something that can be done on the b2b_response route? Any pointers
or directions in achieving this will be very helpful !!

Thanks in advance.

--- Jayesh