[OpenSIPS-Users] voice calls disconnect after 8s

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Fri Jul 1 15:13:14 CEST 2011

Hi Nethra,

guess the client sends BYE as there is something about media which it
does not like. It might be related to SUBSCRIBE - normally this requests
(if in-dialog as you say) should be routed to the other party and not
answered by OpenSIPS - seams like an error in your script.

On 06/28/2011 02:24 PM, Nethra Chander wrote:
> Dear all,
> I am trying to test the opensips configuration with xlite client.
> Invariably the calls disconnect after 7 or 8 seconds
> The wireshark packet analyser shows the sequence of packets exchange
> to be INVITE, RINGING, ACK, SUBSCRIBE in-dialog
> The SUBSCRIBE in-dialog from the user agent is responded by a 404 Not
> Here from the server.
> Then, the client sends a BYE message where the header contains
>                               SIP;description=\"media stream error: 8008\"
> The log file does not show any errors explicitly.
> Please, can some one assist with suggestions so that this issue can be
> resolved.
> The client is behind NAT and hence, I also have installed the
> nathelper module in the server along with rtpproxy,
> Thanks in advance
> Best Regards,
> Nethra Chander

OpenSIPS solutions and "know-how"