[OpenSIPS-Users] multiple use_media_proxy() calls

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Tue Jan 25 07:33:20 CET 2011

Well, your problem seems pretty obvious. You seem to have a race condition, where the original media stream continues to flow past the 2nd 183, so even though mediaproxy resets the ports and expects to re-learn them, it will still lock to the old one as the stream continues to flow past the reset point.

Unfortunately for you, you cannot fix this with any manual use of use_media_proxy/end_media_session. engage_media_proxy is jus tan automated way to appropriately call those 2 for every message in the dialog, to release you from the need of calling them yourself on every message. Using one or another will have the same result, the only difference is that one is automated and once started cannot be stopped, while the other is manual and allows more control over starting/stopping it later after the dialog started.

Fortunately for you, there is a simple solution for all this. The media relay can store the original media IP/port it received from the SDP (it may already store them, I haven't checked). Then later when it receives a packet outside of the conntrack rule that was added after locking to a stream, it can compare that address with the stored SDP address. If the new address is the same as the stored SDP address, but different from the locked address, the relay can re-trigger another reset (or simply remove the conntrack rule and add one with the SDP address). In other words, the relay should always favor media coming from the same address advertised in the SDP over the automatic discovery of the port.

The fix should be simple to implement, but currently I cannot allocate time for this. If you have the knowledge or you know someone that can help, feel free to make a patch and I will include it. Otherwise it may take a while until I can get to address it.