[OpenSIPS-Users] Memory leak

Duane Larson duane.larson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 22:22:16 CET 2011

After looking a little more do you think this would cause the memory
issue...

Looks like my SIPP test starts the call, does whatever I want and sends the
BYE, but the dialog is still in the database after the call has ended
between the UAS and UAC.  I am currently using USRLOC db_mode = 2, so I am
wondering if the dialogs are all just staying in memory.  Not sure why my
SIPP xmls or OpenSIPS config is not allowing the dialog to end in OpenSIPS

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 2:07 PM, Duane Larson <duane.larson at gmail.com>wrote:

> I do have some memory stuff in syslog.  I have posted the output here
> http://paste.ubuntu.com/556285/
>

> On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 4:13 AM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <bogdan at opensips.org>wrote:
>
>> Hi Duane,
>>
>> with
>>
>>      mem_log=10
>>      mem_dump=1
>>      debug=3
>>
>> do you see at runtime any logs related to memory ?? (alloc, dealloc logs,
>> no error) . Normally you shouldn't see any....only when a me dump is done
>> (at shutdown for example).
>>
>> Regards,
>> Bogdan
>>
>> Duane Larson wrote:
>>
>>> I am trying to stress test my opensips config with SIPP but was seeing
>>> that after running it for a while I would start getting failed calls and
>>> eventually opensips would die.  I recompiled opensips by following
>>>
>>> http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsTsMem
>>>
>>> I also added the following to the config
>>>       mem_log=10
>>>       mem_dump=1
>>>       debug=3
>>>

>>> Now when I try and start OpenSIPS it dumps a TON of stuff to syslog.  I
>>> do a ps -ef and there is one opensips process running for a while and then
>>> it dies.  Before I started opensips my memory was at about
>>> 1500000k
>>> then when I started opensips it started going down to
>>> 1400000k
>>>
>>> When the single opensips process finally dies the memory never comes
>>> back.  I am not sure what I need to do next in order to find out where the
>>> issue is.
>>>

>> --
>> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
>> OpenSIPS Event - expo, conf, social, bootcamp
>> 2 - 4 February 2011, ITExpo, Miami,  USA
>> OpenSIPS solutions and "know-how"

> Duane

Duane