[OpenSIPS-Users] Two Opensips proxies sharing the same DB

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Thu Jan 20 20:16:18 CET 2011

Hello,

We're looking to add a second Opensips instance on a separate server for failover.  Or, from an operational perspective, it could be described as "active-active" since both will be available at any one time.  We'll control the traffic flow to the proxies with the SRV records used by the clients.

Looking through the db tables used, it seems there may be some conflict with the location and dialog tables.

The usrloc module clearly saves the local socket used during the registration.  Is there a way to tell Opensips 1.6 to ignore this when loading the record?  That way, either proxy can use records saved by either proxy.  A force socket option perhaps to the local IP?  Clients are all public IPs – no NAT.

The dialog table also saves the local sockets.  Will there be a conflict here?  I don't expect the Opensips processes to use each other's dialogs, so my goal is they will simply ignore each others' records.

- Jeff