[OpenSIPS-Users] Can't get OpenSIPS to rewrite SDP media line with RTPproxy address

ambertch ambertch at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 23:20:45 CET 2011

Oops, sorry I posted this in the wrong forum

Hey guys,

I've been trying to set up RTPProxy behind Amazon EC2. So I suppose my
problems are two-fold:
1. getting the SDP packet rewritten by the routing script
2. getting the correct behind-NAT setup for EC2

1. Bogdan mentions to check if SDP packets "have the IP of the rtpproxy in
the "m" line - just to see if the RTPproxy was properly forced" here:
http://www.openser.org/pipermail/users/2009-June/005996.html

So in an attempt to do a sanity check I stuck rtpproxy_offer(); /
rtpproxy_offer("", "my.ip.address"); at the top of route[0] just to see if
anything changes. My nathelper config looks like:

modparam("nathelper","force_socket","udp:127.0.0.1:8899")
modparam("nathelper", "rtpproxy_sock", "udp:127.0.0.1:8899")

Nothing changes, it's always the client written "m=audio 46405 RTP/AVP 0 8
97 104 98 122 121 120 3 96."

I'm wondering what the media line SHOULD look like after rtpproxy_offer()
rewrites it? Any one have a packet trace I could go off of?

2. I checked out some posts from Daniel Goepp that detailed setting up
RTPProxy behind EC2. I've applied the patch mentioned in the second link and
recompiled rtpproxy 1.2.1 (though my changes did not match up with the diff
attached in the second link), I don't know if my problems lie here yet if
the SDP packet isn't even being rewritten, but I though I'd just give a
heads up in terms of my environment.
http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/OpenSIPS-behind-Static-NAT-Amazon-EC2-td4970920.html
http://opensips-open-sip-server.1449251.n2.nabble.com/Rtpproxy-behind-the-NAT-td5008041.html

Thanks!