[OpenSIPS-Users] [OpenXCAP]how to add new element for resource-lists?

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Sun Jan 9 14:26:57 CET 2011

The XCAP resource-lists application is extensible. You will create in your XCAP client an extension to the resource-list document and add your custom attributes for each contact. See the RFC 4825 for how you achieve create such extensions. You do not need to modify OpenXCAP server for this, just the XCAP client. Other XCAP clients that  support the same extension will deal with the data, those who do not will simply ignore it. OpenXCAP will not validate the extensions, it will simply ignore it unless you also change it to understand your extension and perform some actions like validating the data.

Adrian