[OpenSIPS-Users] How to use sst to account missing BYEs

Ronald Cepres rbcepres at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 17:25:41 CET 2011

Hi to all!

I've been setting up a media-less SIP proxy server using OpenSIPS. We need
to account (and bill) every call that goes through the proxy and one of our
main concerns is the issue of missing BYEs wherein we can't account the call
without a BYE.

I tried to use sst module to solve this problem but I'm not sure if I used
it correctly for the purpose that I want.

Here is a snippet of my opensips.conf (some of the values are just for
testing purposes though):

loadmodule "dialog.so"
modparam("dialog", "default_timeout", 10)
modparam("dialog", "timeout_avp", "$avp(i:10)")
modparam("dialog", "dlg_flag", 4)
modparam("dialog", "bye_on_timeout_flag", 5)

loadmodule "sst.so"
modparam("sst", "timeout_avp", "$avp(i:10)")
modparam("sst", "sst_flag", 6)
modparam("sst", "min_se", 90)
modparam("sst", "sst_interval", 30)

if (is_method("INVITE")) {
# Check minimum SE for SST
if (sstCheckMin("1")) {
xlog("$ci: $C(rx)422 Session Timer Too Small reply sent.$C(xx)\n");
route(EXIT);
}
 # Set INVITE flags
setflag(1); # Accounting
setflag(2); # Account Missed Calls
setflag(3); # Account failed transactions
setflag(4); # Dialog flag
setflag(5); # Bye-on-dialog-timeout flag
setflag(6); # SST flag

}

Am I using sst module correctly here or is it even possible to use sst
module for the said purpose?

Thanks!

Regards,
Ronald