[OpenSIPS-Users] b2b modules restart-safeness / database use

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Mon Feb 21 19:54:43 CET 2011

Anca,

I'm trying to understand the use of the database in the B2B modules.  So far my application is only topology hiding (baby steps).

When it comes to shutdown / db operations, in my mind I think of it like the dialog module.  Is that a useful analogy?  On my non-B2B-enabled proxies I run db_mode<http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.6.x/dialog.html#id292849>=1 to preserve as much data as possible during an Opensips restart.  I've got it to the point where I lose only in-progress transactions and dialog profile data.  I can live with that.

In the B2B world, as long as I have the data written to the db, am I restart-safe?  If so, in b2b_entities is there a way to emulate the "REALTIME" db_mode=1 option of the dialog module?

Thanks,
Jeff