[OpenSIPS-Users] Android Gingerbread and bug 2914149

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Mon Feb 21 11:17:37 CET 2011

Hi all,

Some of you may know that latest Android ships with a built-in SIP
client. This client uses the deprecated maddr parameter in the R-URI
pointing to the specified outbound proxy (which you need to specify,
because it doesn't do DNS SRV resolution) for routing.

After gettting reports from users about the inhability to make calls
with this SIP client I came across bug 2914149
(http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=1086410&aid=2914149&group_id=232389).

There are quite some androids out there so I wonder if the fix for this
is complex and is not happening anytime soon or we should just
workaround it with some cfg magic :-)

Here is an example of a REGISTER message sent by this SIP client:
https://gist.github.com/806995

Thanks and regards,

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé