[OpenSIPS-Users] Presence for routing logic

Carlo Dimaggio jaasmailing at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 11:06:22 CET 2011

Il 16/02/11 21.16, Duane Larson ha scritto:
> I guess one option could be to have an XCAP server and an XCAP IP
> Phone (Snom) that can publish its PIDF info.  Then you would need to
> somehow search the XCAP table and parse that xml code to see the
> persons status.  That is what comes to my mind first but I am not sure
> if it will work or be a dead end.  Another question Carlo is how the
> persons status will be updated if we are not talking about Dialog
> Status.  Would they manually update it (like you would with a Snom
> phone with PIDF) or are you wanting something really cool like
> Outlook/Exchange Calendar integration to show if the person has a
> meeting or is on vacation?  That would be really sweet, but then you
> get into compatibility issues when you upgrade Exchange.
Hi Duane,

I agree with you.
In the design I'm thinking about a UC web platform that allows the
status update in different way (manually, for example from the softphone
- automatically depending of module events, for example setting the
vacation message from webmail or the online status of a device). With
this web platform we should have the control of all interconnections and
the ability to update the user status (and an independence from
standalone software).

Regards,
Carlo Dimaggio