[OpenSIPS-Users] Presence for routing logic

Tyler Merritt tyler at fonality.com
Thu Feb 17 09:23:22 CET 2011

Just two cents -

We make such a product already - and it's very tricky to get it working.  We
have real-time routing decisions based on user-provided variables such as
location and presence.  We can automatically direct calls based on
inactivity on the keyboard and mouse over a period of say 1 minute, kicking
on FindMe rules or routing in almost any other way you can imagine through
Asterisk-based dial plans.  Users can choose their own location and all
inbound calls will immediately be directed to this end-point, and all
outbound calls will reflect accurately in the CDRs that this user made a
call - regardless of the end-point where the call originated.

UC is really cool stuff - and I would love to see what you come up with.
 Our product is 6 years in the making and doesn't do everything that I wish
it would do.  Lots of tricky logic when you're supporting a theoretically
unlimited user base through a SaaS model.  Add-in mobile devices and
web-based clients for environments where installable applications are
neither realistic nor preferred, and it's quite the beast.

If you have any questions - I would be happy to answer them within the
limits of what my internal NDA allows.