[OpenSIPS-Users] issues with sharing media-relay between multiple opensips proxies

Jayesh Nambiar jayesh.voip at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 12:26:45 CET 2011

Hi All,
I have a scenario:
I use two instances of opensips for routing a specific kind of call. The
call comes on opensips1 and then is routed to opensips2 and then to the
destination IP. Both opensips are on different servers connecting to their
own media-dispatcher.sock. The dispatchers on both the servers connect to
same media-relay on a third server.
Now, if at any given point of time, for a same call if both the opensips
does an engage_media_proxy which actually invokes the same media-relay twice
for the same call, there is no voice. While, if I do engage_media_proxy on
any one opensips the audio is proper.
Any known specific reason for this? I know I did not dig more into the
problem as I first needed to know if there is a logical problem in this kind
of routing !!

Thanks,

--- Jayesh