[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS no presentity entry in Database

ViennaCivicEP2 still_at_work at gmx.net
Tue Feb 1 00:07:49 CET 2011

Hi,

i´m new to the Opensips community. I started a few days ago and i´m now at
the point to post my first question, because i cant fiddle out my mistake in
configuration.

This is what i´ve done so far.
- Setting up 3 Virtual Machines (1x Debian Lenny Server, 2x Windows XP Host
with X-Lite Clients)
[The VM´s can communicate with each other]
- Download Opensips 1.6.4-2-notls
- compiled and installed opensips (works as should i think)
(means: i cant see error messages in syslog, startup and restart don´t show
errors or warnings)
- edited the opensips.cfg file to enable mysql support and presence

Here´s my problem:
I can call from one X-Lite Client to the other one (works in both
directions), but the problem is i can´t see the other users online state
(presence).
i´m using x-lite 4 and right beside the contact it writes "waiting for
response" - but it doesn´t change.

i searched all over the net - but i can´t find a solution for my problem.
i think that the opensips.cfg file is correct (with the -c option i don´t
get errors) and the calling works fine.

I would kindly ask for your help - if you tell me what information or file
you need exactly i´ll post it right here.

Thanks in advance - greetings from vienna,
Mario