[OpenSIPS-Users] Basic doubt of sip routing

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Fri Feb 11 13:26:56 CET 2011

The SIP proxy lookups up the domain part, what appears after the @ sign before any parameters separated by ; if is an IP address like in your example you do not perform a DNS lookup you just send the packet there.

In the request URI you must put the address of the remote end, not your own address. In your example user A calls user 264512380973 on the same Proxy and not a remote one.

See the illustrated examples from:

http://www.tech-invite.com/Ti-sip-ex3261.html

Adrian