[OpenSIPS-Users] [queue] OpenSIPS message queue depth full - Why ?

Marc Leurent lftsy at leurent.eu
Tue Feb 8 17:35:35 CET 2011

Good afternoon,

I have a perfectly running OpenSIPs server, but I can see that from time to time and with step increment,
the openserMsgQueueDepth is increasing. During the year 2010, the number of peers simply have increased by 30%, but the number of SIP transaction hasn't increased at all, the load average on the server is the same (0.16), so I don't understand

* Before 02-2010, cacti graph is at 100 packets average in the queue
* From  02-2010 to 10-2010, it was at 900 packets average in the queue (1st step)
* From 10-2010 to 12-2010, it was at 2500 packets average in the queue (2nd step)
* Since 12-2010, it's at 20.000 packets average in the queue (3rd step)

Have you got an explanation for this, have you got best practices for this to reduce this QueueDepth?
Thank you for your help

My OpenSIPs version is version 1.4.5 on a CentOS 5.5 x86_64 server, I have completely restarted the server, but it didn't change anything
PS: I've been searching in my email history answers about this subject without success to I'm asking OpenSIPS community

-- -
Marc Leurent
lftsy at leurent.eu