[OpenSIPS-Users] Strange issue

Tyler Merritt tyler at fonality.com
Tue Feb 8 15:26:35 CET 2011

I'm sorry in advance that I am not posting tcpdump packets.  It's 11:20 and
I'm tired.

I have a strange issue.

Scenario:

A has DID A
B has DID B

Both A and B reside on the same UAS.  HOWEVER, when A calls B using DID B -
the call should be routed to the carrier (and it comes right back in - but
that's how it's supposed to work so please just accept this part crazy as it
seems - yes you literally are being charged per minute to calls to your own
DIDs...).

A calls DID B

We send a packet to carrier - it has FROM domain = THEIR domain (not ours)
for a special reason.  This part is fine but please remember it.

Carrier sends us an INVITE for DID B - their packet has the FROM domain =
OUR domain.

bork.

They don't know about our domain.  It's a fake domain.  It doesn't exist.
 Ping it and it wouldn't resolve.  There's no way they could have our domain
information EXCEPT that in the outbound packet, in the Call-ID header - our
DOMAIN is listed as part of the Call-ID string (consisten with RFC3261 - I
checked).

WHY would they change the FROM domain #1

HOW do they even find out about the FROM domain unless they specifically
expect the Call-ID field to be formatted string at domain per the RFC (and not
all CALL-ID fields are formatted this way)?

Has anyone ever seen anything like this?

In order for "is_from_local" to FAIL - I need their FROM domain NOT to be
us.  Otherwise we try to authenticate them - but we shouldn't be.