[OpenSIPS-Users] Using a shared database with UAs behind NAT

James Lamanna jlamanna at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 17:38:47 CET 2011

Hi,
I have 2 opensips servers that I'm trying to use a shared database with.
The reason for this is to simplify BLF handling and allow phones to
register to either server, increasing redundancy.

However, all of my UAs are behind NAT which presents a problem in the
following case:

Phone P registers to server OS1.
Asterisk receives a call for phone P. It routes the call to either OS1
or OS2 (based on DNS or dispatcher).
If the call goes to OS1 there are no problems.
If the call goes to OS2, OS2 wants to send the call directly to phone
P, however it cannot because the NAT
hole is not open to OS2.

Is there a way upon REGISTER for OS2 to know that it needs to forward
the inbound request to OS1 so that it can
be transmitted properly through NAT?

It seems that path_received would be for this purpose, but I haven't
been able to get it to store in the database on the initial REGISTER.

Thanks.

-- James