[OpenSIPS-Users] B2BUA + RTPproxy + Asterisk direct media

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Wed Dec 28 14:08:15 CET 2011

Hello Lee,

Asterisk is doing the "direct media" by firing some re-INVITEs after the
call is up in order to exchange the media IPs of the the end points.

So, if this does not work, most probably you do not correctly handle the
re-INVITEs in opensips, like you are no forcing again rtpproxy for
re-INVITEs.

On 12/28/2011 12:26 PM, Lee Archer wrote:
> Hi all, I wonder if someone can help me.  I have a system where I use
> the B2B module and RTPproxy for inbound calls but once answered the
> call might jump between Asterisk servers depending on what service is
> required.  I would like to use the Asterisk direct media option for
> SIP calls but when enabled the server is trying to talk to the SIP
> providers RTP gateway instead of my RTPproxy instance.  I've made
> changes to the RTPproxy configuration but I'm wondering if anyone else
> uses direct media with RTPproxy and can point me in the right
> direction config wise.
> Thanks
> Lee
> thebigword Holdings Limited. Registered Office: Link Up House, Ring Road, Lower Wortley, Leeds, UK, LS12 6AB. Registered in England&  Wales No. 05551907

OpenSIPS solutions and "know-how"