[OpenSIPS-Users] avp set in branch_route

Dave Singer dave.dorasinger at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 22:37:11 CEST 2011

avps are per transaction. A branch is just part of a transaction.
Until the transaction is terminated the avp stays active. Be aware
that a call's avp is write-able in all branches and assigning a value
to an existing avp pushes the new value on the top of the avp array.
Calls do not go back to request routing after any reply or failure.
Assuming you set to trigger all routing block types as in route below,
the order is route, branch route, reply route, failure route.
route {
  do_routing("1");
  route("my_stuff");
  t_relay;
  exit;
}
on_branch[tb]{
  #each branch runs through here (assuming triggered as above.) after
the exit is hit.
}
on_reply[tr]{
  #all replies received hit here but not communication timeouts.
  #avps written here are not saved unless avpops param is set to
}
on_failure[tf] {
  #all avps (except from on_reply if appropriate avpops param is not
set) and only pseudo vars from the "winning branch" are available
here.
  #from here you can kick off another serial/parallel fork.
  #you can call any custom named route block with route("my_stuff").
  #Be sure that what is in that route block can be used by the
  # primary route mode (REQUEST_ROUTE, ONREPY_ROUTE,
  # FAILURE_ROUTE, etc) it is being called from. Example, you
  # wouldn't call route("my_stuff") (see below) from an ONREPLY_ROUTE
  # block because it contains t_relay which can not be used in that route
  # block mode. Calling from the wrong one will cause config check test
  # to warn of config error.
  if(use_next_gw()) {
    route("my_stuff");
  }
}

route[my_stuff] {
  t_on_reply("tr");
  t_on_branch("tb");
  t_on_failure("tf");
  t_relay();
  exit;
}

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 8:54 AM, Jeff Pyle <jpyle at fidelityvoice.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If an avp is set in a branch_route, does that avp still exist if a failure_route catches a negative reply and sends the call back into request routing for a serial fork?  Or, does the avp go away once that branch goes away?
>

> - Jeff

David Singer