[OpenSIPS-Users] Unregistered Calls

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Thu Aug 25 23:00:17 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Aug 25, 2011, at 10:43 PM, Rodrigo Ferreira wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I'm configuring a new opensips server, and it's been a while since the last time that I did one. I'm following the book "Building Telephony Systems with Opensips 1.6" by Flavio E. Goncalves, and everything is working good so far, but I have some doubts.
>
> When trying to figure it out, how Opensips handle those unregistered calls, searching about this, I found that this part of code handle that.
>
> if (!is_uri_host_local()) {
>     if(is_from_local()) {
>         route(1);
>     } else {
>         sl_send_reply("403","Not Here");
>     }
> }
>

> But, running a few tests, trying to dial from a unregistered phone, I'm not getting the error 403, actually, I'm not getting any error at all, my phone just keeping dialing over and over again, without get any error.
>
> Anyone know why this is happening?

Registration and authentication are two different things. In order to make calls you need to be authenticated, that is, your credentials need to be validated.

In order to receive calls, you need to tell the server where you are, you need to register with it.

Thus, you can make calls without being registered.

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects