[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS+MediaProxy mangling ACKs?

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Wed Aug 24 09:24:52 CEST 2011

Hi,

> Good call, Saúl.
> I had a _lot_ of problems getting MediaProxy to work initially so I ended up using someone else's config.
>
> And this appears to be part of the problem - I'm using a config that works, but I don't know what it's up to. After removing all sorts of bits and pieces and adding stuff back I've found that if I remove the onreply_route that it _appears_ to work precisely as I expect it. OpenSIPS/MediaProxy is properly handling the media and no screwy ACKs.
>
> The onreply_route was:
> onreply_route[1] {
>         if (status =~ "(183)|(2[0-9][0-9])") {
>                 if (client_nat_test("1")) {
>                         fix_contact();
>                         }
>                 }
>         }
>
> Will the removal of this cause any major issues? (The whole config is still here: http://pastebin.com/b2FGgTRX).

If you want to use the separated functions you'll need to contemplate the case in which the caller it not behind NAT but the callee is. Also, Is the callee is behind NAT you need to fix the contact header for him, and you can only do this in the onreply_route.

Your config looks simple, so why not go for engage_mediaproxy, which will call use_media_proxy and end_media_session automagically? In my experience, cases where no NAT traversal (at the RTP level) is needed are so narrow that it's usually better to just do it always.

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects