[OpenSIPS-Users] Some love for the Debian packaging

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Tue Aug 23 13:38:23 CEST 2011

On Aug 23, 2011, at 1:20 PM, Razvan Crainea wrote:

> Hi Saul,
>
> You are right, those packages should not need the -dev packages at runtime. I will remove them, and also update the Standard version to 3.9.1.
>
> The main problem in compiling OpenSIPS with TLS support by default is that openssl is not compatible with the GPL licence, as the public repository requires. But considering we use our own repository, we can change the Makefile to compile OpenSIPS with TLS support by default.

Great!

> Are you saying we should change the shebang for the Debian packages into /bin/dash or something like that? Because I'm not sure this will solve the problems we have with the scripts, as they are not fully compatible with dash yet.

Exactly. We just change it to Bash, which will work fine. This should do:

sed -i -e "s,/bin/sh,/bin/bash," $(CURDIR)/debian/opensips/usr/sbin/opensipsctl
sed -i -e "s,/bin/sh,/bin/bash," $(CURDIR)/debian/opensips/usr/sbin/opensipsdbctl

(typed by hand, hopefully I made no typos)

> Also, regarding the python module, it isn't documented yet. This is another reason we are not adding it to the packages. If there is anyone who can maintain this module and write the documentation, we would be happy to include it in our next releases.

I understand.

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects