[OpenSIPS-Users] Some love for the Debian packaging

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Mon Aug 22 19:03:09 CEST 2011

Hi,

I've been testing the 1.7 branch over the weekend and I found some issues with the Debian packaging:

- Some packages depend on -dev libraries when they shouldn't
- Old Debian standards version
- No TLS by default? [1]
- Some scripts have /bin/sh in the shebang, but Debian Squeeze (stable) uses dash instead of sh, which doesn't provide the same features
- Python module is not built [2]

Looking at http://www.opensips.org/Development/Development I couldn't find who is in charge of the Debian packaging, so if there are no objections I'd like to give some love to it :-)

[1]: Is there any reason why we don't build the Debian package with TLS by default? Feels very inconvenient if someone wants to test it but the binaries don't have support for it.

[2]: The Python module is not built and it lacks documentation. Should we build it?

Thanks and regards,

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects