[OpenSIPS-Users] doubled-up connection IP with use_media_proxy()

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Fri Apr 22 10:26:33 CEST 2011

Hi Jeff,

On 04/21/2011 11:14 PM, Jeff Pyle wrote:
> I went over my config and I think the logic is sound. I'll verify it on
> a dev box tonight once traffic is low.
>
> The call flow is serial forking from one carrier gateway to another when
> the first sends a 503.
>
>     * load prefs for first gateway
>     * use_media_proxy()
>     * t_relay() INVITE to first gateway
>     * receive 503
>     * end_media_session() in failure_route[]
>     * load carrier prefs for second gateway
>     * use_media_proxy()
>     * t_relay() INVITE to second gateway
>     * receive 400 (because of jacked up c= line)
>     * end_media_session()
>
> The dispatcher log seems to jive with this. I've got a "remove" command
> from the end_media_session() after the first gateway, and the subsequent
> stats (all 0s), and a "remove" command from the second
> end_media_session() and more stats. I think the commands are hitting
> correctly.
>
> Is it not correct to use(), end(), use(), end()? Once I use(), is it
> impossible to end()?*

Depends on how you do that. OpenSIPS (1.x.x) does not modify the
original message it appends a lump, which is a modification indicator
that will be made when the message is going to be sent out.

That said, if you call use(), end(), use() *before* sending the message
out you'll be in trouble.

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects