[OpenSIPS-Users] db_url confusing issue

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Wed Apr 13 21:55:03 CEST 2011

Hi Brett,

Believe it or not, but this happened to my too, several times.

IMHO, the proper approach will be have an empty db_url for the modules,
so that you may get a warning or so when trying to use a module without
explicitly setting the db_url.....

Default, hidden params may be dangerous here....

On 04/08/2011 05:56 PM, Brett Nemeroff wrote:
> Hello All,
> I just ran into an issue that I think others might also run into.
>
> So I just added dialog module to an existing configuration that
> already had a few db_urls specified for other modules. I forgot to add
> the db_url for the dialog module. Because of this, the dialog module
> (without warning) added it's own db_url. Of course, the default db_url
> didn't work and I got an access denied error in my logs.
>
> This took me a good 10 minutes to track down. I couldn't figure out
> why it wasn't logging in. to make matters worse, I'm using the
> username 'opensips' so the log just looks like I must have mistyped
> something:
>

> Apr  8 10:41:19 [16494] ERROR:db_mysql:db_mysql_connect: driver
> error(1045): Access denied for user 'opensips'@'localhost' (using
> password: YES)
>
> I really think that if a module is going to init with a default
> db_url, that it should probably have a WARNING in the logs. something
> like:
> Apr  8 XX:XX:XX [XXXX] WARNING:db_mysql:Using default db_url for
> module 'dialog'. You might want to change this
>
> If I had seen that, I'd know that I needed to set the db_url for the
> dialog module.. I'm pretty sure this came up sometime before..
>
> Thanks,
> Brett

OpenSIPS eBootcamp - 2nd of May 2011
OpenSIPS solutions and "know-how"