[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips coredump on stop/restart

Dave Singer dave.singer at wideideas.com
Thu Oct 21 21:08:47 CEST 2010

On my production servers, both 1.6.2 and 1.6.3 versions of opensips, almost
every time I restart opensips it creates a core dump. Since I'm giving it
2GB shared mem, it takes a little while to write the core to disk and start
running again.
So a couple questions.
1. Am I giving it more memory than it needs? Judging by how much the core
dump compressed probably way to much. I'm running about 30 calls per sec
with up to 1000 active calls. Calls are using mediaproxy with engage and
thus also dialog. I did run into memory shortage problems before I
explicitly upped it to 2GB with -m 2000 on the cmd line for starting
opensips.
2. Can someone look at the core dump(s) or let me know what/how to look at
them? The 2GB core dumps compressed very small and are accessible via http:
 opensips-1.6.2-notls.core.gz
6MB<http://viper.wideideas.net/opensips-1.6.2-notls.core.gz>
 opensips-1.6.3-tls_1.core.gz