[OpenSIPS-Users] $fU read-only, calling number modification problem

Maciej Bylica mbsip at gazeta.pl
Sun Oct 10 19:19:28 CEST 2010

Hello

I have a question regarding $fU pseudo variable.
As mentioned at http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsCoreVar16 and on
the basis of opensips outputs:
ERROR:dialplan:dp_trans_fixup: the output PV is read-only!!
it clearly means that $fU is read-only.

Unfortunately it is quite big problem for me, because what im
struggling with is to achieve proper calling number presentation.
In my scenario all endpoints located in subscriber table do have full
username with country code, so there are for instance:
- 48111223344 (48 country code)
- 49222334455 (49 country code)
- 44333445566 (44 country code)

If there is a national call inside the 48 country code the calling
number should be changed by striping first two digits (48) -
48999887766--->999887766
In case of international call, i should add two digits (00) -
49222334455--->0049222334455.

I am using diaplan module in this case and following entry gives me
the error I mentioned.
dp_translate("2", "$fU/$fU");

If there are any workaround.
Any help would be highly appreaciated.