[OpenSIPS-Users] BYE processing and AVP

mayamatakeshi mayamatakeshi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 15:28:38 CET 2010

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 11:19 PM, mayamatakeshi <mayamatakeshi at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2010/11/30 Anton Zagorskiy <a.zagorskiy at oyster-telecom.ru>
>
> Why BYE isn't a part of the transaction?
>>

> From RFC3261:
>
> Specifically, a SIP transaction consists of a single request and any responses to
>    that request, which include zero or more provisional responses and
>    one or more final responses.
>
> But when opensips docs say transaction, it is also implying that you are
> using module tm (if you don't use tm functions, then you are doing stateless
> processing and no AVP will be saved).

For completeness,
the BYE is part of the dialog established by the INVITE transaction that
ended when "200 OK" was received. But the BYE itself starts another
transaction.
So, the AVPs you set in the processing of the INVITE will be available (as
long as you use module tm) when your process responses for that INVITE (180,
183, 200 etc), but not when you are handling other requests in the dialog.