[OpenSIPS-Users] 2 UAs behind same NAT Device

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Tue Nov 2 17:20:39 CET 2010

On 11/02/2010 05:15 PM, Stanisław Pitucha wrote:
> On 02/11/10 12:25, Deon Vermeulen wrote:
>> I'm trying to setup NAT to NOT use MediaProxy when it detects that 2
>> devices are behind the same NAT Device, but rather have coms go
>> directly between them.
>
> Just a warning in case you didn't consider this: do you want to support
> random users you have no control over?
> There's a good chance you'll run into someone who:
>
> - is in the same network, but in different subnets so cannot talk
> between clients (for example one is in building A in 192.168.0.X and the
> other is in building B in 192.168.1.X with no connection between them
> and the same public ip for nat)
>
> - uses a router denying communication between the local users (most
> hotspot-like wifi deployments)
>
> As far as I know no stun/turn/ice/.... servers can help you here.
> (please correct me if I'm wrong).
> Of course, if it's only for your network that you maintain anyways, then
> ignore this and go ahead :)

ICE can help there :-) All candidates (host candidates, the ones learned
from STUN and the TURN candidates (MediaProxy module inserts himself as
a TRUN candidate)) will be tried by probing through the RTP ports, so in
the case you described the TURN server (MediaProxy) would be picked
because the probing will succeed. Unless you have no internet at all ;-)

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects