[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS at SIPIT #26

Anca Vamanu anca at opensips.org
Mon May 31 18:51:42 CEST 2010

Hi all,

OpenSIPS was present at SIPit 26 in Stockholm and had the opportunity to
be tested against other SIP implementations.
It was tested against some testing tools, both the proxy and the
presence part, and no problems were found. As expected, OpenSIPS has
proven to be stable and handle well bad formatted messages.
The registrar, location and proxy parts were tested constantly during
the event as the server was available as a resource and used in other
testing sessions. Again, as expected, no issues were reported. The tests
included both IPv4 and IPv6.
Also, opensips was configured with tls support. The tests were not
successful, but after investigating it was proven that the client did
not implement correctly the tcp reusage draft.
The presence part was also testes, simple presence and also more complex
features - BLA. The implementation in the client was not the standard
one not following the draft that we follow, but used a different and
interesting approach that we can consider to implement in opensips also.
They defined the watched list as an RLS, applying in fact RLS for dialog
event. The tests worked in a certain measure only after some
customizations on both parts.
Also, we had the opportunity to test the B2BUA with some of the default
scenarios and different actions - call transfer, call on hold and
pickup. Everything worked well and no new issues were found in this part.
The RLS implementation had to be put to an unusual use - we tried to
generate an RLS loop with the other RLS server present at the event.
Since opensips is designed to prevent the loop, we didn't succeed to
actually generate a loop. Also in the RLS part we found some problems
that were fixed after the event.

Anca Vamanu
www.voice-system.ro