[OpenSIPS-Users] mediaproxy and open file descriptors

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Thu May 27 12:26:38 CEST 2010

On 27 May 2010, at 05:48, Jeff Pyle wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does Mediaproxy use a significant amount of file descriptors during
> its operations?  The default allowed on Debian and CentOS systems I
> have is 1024.  If Mediaproxy does use them, how many calls would
> this allow?

It can potentially use as many as the ports in the port range setting
and then some. However you do not need to take special precautions for
this. During startup, the relay automatically increases the limit of
allowed open file descriptors to port_range_end - port_range_start +
1000 and if it can't do that it will give an error and refuse to start.