[OpenSIPS-Users] mediaproxy and open file descriptors

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Thu May 27 04:48:09 CEST 2010

Hello,

Does Mediaproxy use a significant amount of file descriptors during its operations?  The default allowed on Debian and CentOS systems I have is 1024.  If Mediaproxy does use them, how many calls would this allow?

It seems I have some ugliness occurring at either the relays or the dispatcher when I go into the hundreds.  I haven't able to identify a specific quantity yet.  I do see the relays reporting disconnects from the dispatcher, however.

I keep telling myself that if it were easy, it wouldn't be any fun!

Thanks,
Jeff