[OpenSIPS-Users] media-relay warning

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Tue May 25 18:19:20 CEST 2010

Hi Jeff and Lazslo,

On 25/5/10 4:45 PM, Jeff Pyle wrote:
> Laszlo,
>
> Good suggestion... I haven't dug into the source to see if the two are
> related. I've set that value to 0 to disable it. We'll see.

Indeed, that setting disables that calculation. If too many streams are
traversing the MediaProxy relay at the same time, the calculation could
take too long (depending on the configuration setting) so it's not a
good idea to do it. You may want to increase the traffic sampling period.

In case you are curious, look at the _measure_speed function in the
SessionManager class (mediacontrol.py file). That function is called
recurrently each traffic_sample_rate seconds, that's why is not a good
idea for it to take long making the calculation.

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects