[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips-CP Monit is not working

Alex Ionescu alex at opensips.org
Tue May 25 15:31:59 CEST 2010

Hi Albert,

Please, try this command : netstat -tlnp . See if opensips is listening
also on port 8000 (this should be the xmlrpc port - if this is what
you've set up in your opensips config)
and also see if monit is configured to listen on 127.0.0.1:2812. If this
info is not shown in the output of the command then in means something
is not working correctly.

Also see monit's config file : monitrc. See if it is set up to listen on
the same IP:PORT that you have set up in the OpensipsCP config
(boxes.global.inc.php)

Regards,
Alex
On 5/25/2010 15:31, Albert Paijmans wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some problems connecting to monit and mi
> Installed xmlrpc (deb packages) and running monit -t gives an ok
> Starting OpenSIPS gives an ok to.
>
> But in the control panel I get these error messages:
> Cannot connect to OpenSIPS Server via Management Interface
> (127.0.0.1/8000 <http://127.0.0.1/8000>)
> And cannot connect tot 127.0.0.1:2812 <http://127.0.0.1:2812>  (monit
> tool)
>
> OpenSIPS seems to run and listening on udp ports for sip messages.
> So I am missing something? Did the install for monit from the readme.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Albert
>

> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 10:43 AM, Aman <goforaman at gmail.com
> <mailto:goforaman at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     Greetings,
>
>               Need a help, i am getting the error on monit on
>     OpenSIPS-CP that "I can't connect!", when i run
>     monit -t for syntax check, its shows error,
>
>     May 24 10:17:26 opensips monit: /etc/monit/monitrc:241: Warning:
>     include files not found '/etc/monit/conf.d/*'
>     May 24 10:50:49 opensips monit: /etc/monit/monitrc:241: Warning:
>     include files not found '/etc/monit/conf.d/*'
>     May 24 11:08:14 opensips monit: /etc/monit/monitrc:241: Warning:
>     include files not found '/etc/monit/conf.d/*'
>
>     But this file does not exist on defined path, i have also skipped
>     the following configuration part in 'monitrc'
>
>     " check process opensips with pidfile /var/run/opensips.pid
>     #Below is actions taken by monit when service got stuck.
>     start program = "/etc/init.d/opensips start"
>     stop program = "/etc/init.d/opensips stop"
>     # Admin will notify by mail if below of the condition satisfied.
>     if cpu is greater than 70% for 2 cycles then alert
>     if cpu > 90% for 5 cycles then restart "
>
>     as this shows error opensips already icluded, please advice to
>     make the monit work.
>     Any suggestions are really appreciable.
>

>     --
>     Amanpreet Singh