[OpenSIPS-Users] Re-INVITE Switch

Douglas Lane doug at wd.co.za
Wed May 19 10:05:13 CEST 2010

Hey guys,

I have a requirement to switch traffic based on if the call is FAX or
not. Now our clients might not have gateways that can prefix the
destination number if a fax is detected, so I need to do something in
the core network.

We have only 1 provider that is fully T.38 capable with a success rate
of 99.95% on termination and origination, so my idea is if a FAX is
detected, to switch the call to that provider for termination. The
problem I have is T.38 is normally only detected after the call has been
answered. Is there a way with MediaProxy or Asterisk to detect if its a
fax device, and then instruct opensips to setup the call via another
gateway?

I realize this is a difficult question, but was hoping someone on the
list might have done it already.

Thanks for all the help

Thanks
Doug