[OpenSIPS-Users] Music on Hold without RTPProxy

Paris Stamatopoulos mobius at realize.gr
Mon May 17 09:41:50 CEST 2010

Hello everyone,

I feel that lately I've been a pain in the ass for this mailing list but hey, I need to ask someone :)

Ok here goes, I've went through the documentation and seen that it is possible to inject music on hold on the On-Hold Re-Invite, via the RTPproxy. My case is however, that I am not using rtpproxy for nat traversal, since I am having asterisks behind OpenSIPS, always forcing the media through them.

So I was wondering, is there any way to intercept the On-Hold Re-Invite and push it back to asterisk? Or any other intelligent solution?

I also noticed this:

if (method == "INVITE") {
          rtpproxy_offer();
          if (detect_hold()) {
              rtpproxy_stream2uas("/var/rtpproxy/prompts/music_on_hold", -1);
          } else {
              rtpproxy_stop_stream2uas();
          };
      };

However, and I wonder how I didn't find this mentioned anywhere else, the detect_hold() method does not exist? I am on 1.6.1.

Regards,
Paris Stamatopoulos