[OpenSIPS-Users] [RFC] OpenSIPS 2.0 - changes on the SIP messages

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed May 5 11:02:36 CEST 2010

Hi Brett,

Brett Nemeroff wrote:
> I agree with Richard here.. it's nice to be able to isolate branch
> changes to not infect other branches. :)
Do not get me wrong, this will not be lost, we will just need a
different approach when implementing it.

> As for the contact header example given above.. I also agree with
> Richard that the function should be made to perhaps be a little more
> intuitive.
>
> Overall, like I said before, I think a lot of these issues can be
> resolved with smart scriptwriting. This is a bit OT, but one thing I
> think that would help [people like me] out a lot is if the functions
> themselves would be smart enough to alert the scriptwriter of doing
> stupid things.. For example, there have been a number of posts to the
> mailing list regarding double updating headers and getting "weird"
> results. instead of producing weird results, I'd think that it'd do
> something like, only apply the last one (which I can understand the
> complexity of saving the original msg along with all requested
> changes..), or rejecting any duplicate efforts to change.. Either way,
> there should be a generated WARNING message to indicate that you
> probably didn't want to do that and that it's a scripting error.
with the current approach is a bit difficult to detect such cases. I
mean it is easy to make check if a function was called twice (like
fix_nated_contactd just warn you if called twice); But you still have
the case where you manually change  from script the contact URI (via
subst or other textops funcs) and then call the fix_nated_contact ->
this will still lead to bogus results.

www.voice-system.ro