[OpenSIPS-Users] Presence - Watchers table question

Anca Vamanu anca at opensips.org
Wed May 5 10:15:40 CEST 2010

osiris123d wrote:
> I have posted this email once before but it was blocked due to being greater
> than 40KB.  So if it finally does get approved and sent out I apologies for
> it being sent twice.
>
> I am wondering if something is not right here.  Here is the scenario (Using
> two Counterpath Bria clients)
>
> Client A adds Client B to its contact list
> Client B recieves a request and he accepts the request
> Now both Client A and Client B can see each others presence
> (All good so far)
>
> Now Client A deletes Client B from his contact list
> Client B only sees Client A's presence as Offline
> (All good so far)
>
> Now Client A adds Client B back to its contact list
> (Here is where things don't seem to work right)
> Client B doesn't recieve a request at all, but Client A can now see Client
> B's presence.
>

> Is this how Presence rules are suppose to work?  it would seem to me that in
> the second part of my scenario when Client A deletes Client B, the record in
> the Watchers table should be deleted.  That way if the user ever wanted to
> add that person back they would once again receive a friend request and have
> the option to accept or decline.
>
> Am I wrong here?

Hi,

In fact it does seem correct to me. Deleting a contact from the buddy
list and denying someone to see your presence status are two different
things.
Why if client A deleted contact B from his buddy list did you expect
client A to loose its permission to see B's state? There is no
connection between the two. For client A to be denied to see B's state,
B is the one that must specify this..
Anyhow this question is more related to the clients, and the way they
correlate deleting contacts with presence rules, opensips will do what
the client tells it. And presence rules are specified in pres-rules XCAP
documents. So if you want to report something not working in opensips
you should look after inconsistencies between pres-rules documents and
states in watchers tables.

Regards,
Anca

--