[OpenSIPS-Users] t_replicate vs forward()

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Sat Mar 27 14:08:15 CET 2010

Hi,

TCB wrote:
> I'm trying to get simple register replicated across 4 servers sharing
> the same sip
> domain. A user can register to any of the proxies. I have 1 major
> problem with this setup
> and a slightly minor one.
>
> 1) NAT does not work at all, why ? if the call goes to the wrong proxy
> no deal!, Is there a way
> I can force the Invite to go via the registering proxy ? Call without
> NAT work 100%.
instead of registering the UAC contact to all servers, you can register
the UAC contact with the receiver proxy (P1) and the P1 contact to the
rest of the proxies. This will solve the problem.

> 2) the third server I forward the register to ends up getting 4 Via
> statements? Is this proper?
For registration, does not matter how many VIAs you have.

> I have attached a sample trace of the (minor) issue and a snippet of
> my config file.
> I'm close to wits end here. Any ideas most welcome.
> I have tried using t_replicate but it only sends to one server as per
> TM docs. how do I
> setup ""If multiple destinations are to be used, the additional SIP
> URIs have to be set as branches."" as per
> TM module?
use append_branch() before t_replicate if you want to replicate to more
than one server.

www.voice-system.ro