[OpenSIPS-Users] database connections

Kyle Romulas kyle.romulas at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 18:02:20 CET 2010

Stan,

Have you considered optimizing your DB?  We are handling thousands of calls per minute with a cluster of proxies balanced via SRV and using a centralized DB server.  We had to optimize when we discovered that under peak call periods we were exceeding the default T1 timer for responding to UAC INVITES.

If you are using MySQL, we found the following two links highly beneficial to increasing the performance of our DB.
http://www.debianhelp.co.uk/mysqlperformance.htm
http://hackmysql.com/mysqlreport

We run the report weekly to maintain performance.

Cheers.

- Kyle
DoubleHorn Communications-Platform Services, LLC