[OpenSIPS-Users] Problem with /tmp/opensips_fifo

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Fri Mar 12 13:18:34 CET 2010

Hi Erick,

erick at netcrc.net wrote:
>> I have with the following problem:
>>
>> The file /tmp/opensips_fifo for any reason disappears
>> for example if  send the command for reboot the server.
>> The  opensips using mi_fifo module.
>>
>> With the command "opensips -c" said is ok
>>
>> opensipsctl moni said (if not find the file)
>> ERROR: Error opening OpenSIPS's FIFO /tmp/opensips_fifo
>> ERROR: Make sure you have the line 'modparam("mi_fifo", "fifo_name",
>> "/tmp/opensips_fifo")' in your config
>> ERROR: and also have loaded the mi_fifo module.
>>
>> But for fix this problem I made the following
>> touch /tmp/opensips_fifo
>> chmod 755 /tmp/opensips_fifo

DO NOT DO THAT!!!!!!

the fifo file must be created by opensips daemon - if you do not have it
, it means:
    - opensips is not running
    - mi_fifo module is not loaded
    - the fifo_name (in opensips.cfg) is configured to a different name
than /tmp/opensips_fifo

>> this is temporary but it works.
>>
>> Another things is with the Control Panel 4.0
>>
>> I have problems with the following modules and this is the message of each
>>
>> -Dialog = Array ( [0] => Cannot connect to OpenSIPS Server via Management
>> Interface (/tmp/opensips_fifo) )
>>
>> - Dispatcher = Array ( [0] => Cannot connect to OpenSIPS Server via
>> Management Interface (/tmp/opensips_fifo) [1] => Cannot connect to
>> OpenSIPS Server via Management Interface (/tmp/opensips_fifo) )
>>
>> - MI Commands = /tmp/opensips_fifo
>>
>> - Monit = Process - Opensips / Status - Execution failed
>>
>> - SIP Trace = Array ( [0] => Cannot connect to OpenSIPS Server via
>> Management Interface (/tmp/opensips_fifo) )
>>
>> - Statistics Monitor = Cannot connect to OpenSIPS Server via Management
>> Interface (/tmp/opensips_fifo)
>>
>> The common problem is " /tmp/opensips_fifo"

yes, because you created a bogus file which does not provide
communication with opensips :)

www.voice-system.ro