[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips children process

rajib deka rajibdk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 18:41:00 CET 2010

Thank you Bogdan. When you say 'to the end' does it mean that INVITE to BYE
(may be sometime REGISTER or CANCEL) the whole transaction is taken care of
by the same process that reads the initial INVITE. So for 200 CPS how many
children we should have ?

Regards
Rajib

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 8:29 PM, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
<bogdan at voice-system.ro>wrote:

> Hi Rajib,
>
> each SIP message (request or reply) is read from the network by a child
> (any of them) and it will be processed (to the end) only by that child.
> A child processes only one message at a time..
>
> Regards,
> Bogdan
>
> rajib deka wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Can anybody please explain me the use of opensips children processes?
> > Is it something like if children=4 and opensips gets 4 INVITES
> > tranjactions, then one children will work on one INVITE. Correct me if
> > I am wrong.
> >
> > Thanks
> > --
> > Rajib Deka