[OpenSIPS-Users] [Presence] How to receive presence NOTIFY over TCP ?

Anca Vamanu anca at opensips.org
Tue Mar 9 17:27:45 CET 2010

Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> 2010/3/9 Anca Vamanu <anca at opensips.org>:
>
>> Hi Pascal,
>>
>> We found the problem - the socket on which the Subscribe was received was
>> always used when sending the Notify.
>> Find attached a patch for tm module that should fix this problem. Please
>> test and report the results.
>>

> Hi Anca, could you please explain the problem?

Hi Inaki,

The core of the problem was in tm module. When sending out a request it
is possible to specify a preferred socket to use. What the tm module did
was to use this socket if defined without any other checks. The problem
was when the next hop required a different protocol than the one of the
specified socket. What the fix does, it to use the preferred socked only
if the protocol matches the one of the next hop.
What happened in the case that Pascal observed was that the Subscribe
was received on udp, but the contact required tcp. Since the logic in
presence is to specify the socket on which the Subscribe was received as
preferred socket as preferred socket for Notify, the tm module sent the
Notify on udp even though the next hop had protocol tcp. With the fix,
the protocol mismatch will be observed and the Notify should be sent on
tcp as specified in the next hop.

Anca Vamanu
www.voice-system.ro