[OpenSIPS-Users] ERROR: Error opening OpenSIPS's FIFO /tmp/opensips_fifo

Alejandro Recarey alexrecarey at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 11:33:08 CET 2010

Hello Brian,

I'm running OpenSIPS as opensips:opensips.

Although I checked that /tmp/ has chmod 777, I created the opensips
user as a system user so it might be more restricted.

Maybe that is the problem? I don't mind running OpenSIPS as root, as
it will be the only service running on my box (it is a dedicated
OpenSIPS server).

Where do I configure a new user, because I can't find the entry in
opensips.cfg, opensipsctlrc or osipsconsolerc? Or should I just give
the opensips user the required permissions?

Thank you for your help!!

Alex