[OpenSIPS-Users] dialog bye_on_timeout and other issues

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Wed Jun 23 23:08:31 CEST 2010

Alex Massover wrote:
> Hi Bogdan,
>
> Have you received the trace and the log I sent?
>
> Also one more observation. The problem is not reproducible with children=1 but is reproducible with children>=1.
>
> I noticed long time ago that children>=1 misbehaves:
>
> a) performance is worse instead of getting better
> b) it can hang
> c) with big number of children it hangs/deadlocks very easily
>
> I might be mistaken but it looks for me that something is wrong either with interprocessing or with locks or with both of them.
>
> A corrupted BYE is just a symptom of bigger problem.
>
> For example in this scenario 180 is processed within one child and 200 within another child, there's race condition/locks misbehave/something wrong with memory, and as a result something gets corrupted and wrong BYE is sent.

Hi Alex,

could you sent me (off list) the sipp scripts and the the opensips cfg
you are using to reproduce this problem? I would like to try to
reproduce it.

PS: haven't received the log you mentioned - may you can send it again
off-list.

OpenSIPS Bootcamp
20 - 24 September 2010, Frankfurt, Germany
www.voice-system.ro