[OpenSIPS-Users] asymetric rtp problems with mediaproxy

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Thu Jun 17 19:30:40 CEST 2010

Brett,

Is simply bad practice to use asymmetric ports for both signaling and media. Actually there is an RFC that mandates the use of this model for signaling (rfc3581) but then they must honor it. For media there might be another one if I am not mistaken.

All in all, is a poor choice that lead to investment into equipment that does not use symmetric model and this will only yield this sort of defensive response because there is nobody around to fix that implementation or due to prohibitive costs of moving away from it.

Adrian