[OpenSIPS-Users] capability of load balancer

agung nugroho agoengnug at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 18:59:17 CEST 2010

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <bogdan at ...> writes:

> Hi Agung.
>
> I guess you but the solution before the problem - you implemented
> load-balancer as solution, and now you are asking about the problem -
> like why do you need the LB ....
>
> Well, let me ask - what problem do you try to solve ?
>
> Also, have you read the LB tutorial - see
> http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsTutLoadbalancing
>
> Regards,
> Bogdan

Thanks bogdan for your reply, I am really appreciate it.
My problem is to get server SIP can running smoothly using load balancer.

1. My first problem, I want to get high performance of my SIP server so I use
load balancer as solution for load.
But I am rethinking again,with load balancer module enable that means my INVITE
going throught SIP server twice.
First when INVITE is coming from user, and the second is when INVITE comes from
destination load balancer.
So I think that makes the load bigger. Is that true??

2. My second problem, Is that module load balancer is more effective than when I
use the default one??? AFAIK there is someone who did code profilling in
http://www.opensips.org/Resources/TestsProfiling.
I think he uses the default script. And my problem is, If I use load balancer as
solution for my load problem, can I get better code profilling??? or worse??

I hope you understand what I mean and sorry for my bad english.

Regard

Agung