[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenXCAP and Presence with SNOM version 8.2.29

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Thu Jun 3 13:23:25 CEST 2010

2010/6/2 Saúl Ibarra Corretgé <saul at ag-projects.com>:
> Hum, does the Snom not send the full URI? Is there an HTTP trace tool
> available in the Snom config web? It'd make debugging easier... :-S

In "usual" HTTP nobody uses nowadays absolute URL in the request line,
but instead it's mainly used a relative path and the domain name into
the "Host" header.

So, the common behavior (case 1) is:

  GET /xcap-root at irock.com/resource-lists/users/sip:9XX2XX2XXX at irock.com/index
HTTP/1.1
  Host: xcap.ae.com:443

But HTTP specification also allows absolute URL (case 2):

 GET https://xcap.ae.com:443/xcap-root@irock.com/resource-lists/users/sip:9XX2XX2XXX@irock.com/index
HTTP/1.1

Anyhow I expect that OpenXCAP doesn't allow absolute URL, as many
other HTTP servers neither allow. I had a talk about this subject
(absolute URL in HTTP) with the developer of a HTTP server and he told
me that nobody uses absolute URI's and, in fact, lot of HTTP parsers
don't consider such case.

PS: Well, then XCAP is very good and allows interoperability, right?
SNOM already implements XCAP so we can announce very happy that an
user could share and update his remote buddy list and presence
permissions from a SNOM phone and Eyebeam, right? (high ironic mode
on). When it works (this is: within the following 8 years) please tell
it to me, for sure SIMPLE/XCAP will replace XMPP in most of the
IM/presence deployments.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>